Maternity Photography in Salt Lake City
A Guide to Capturing Your Baby Bump
Congratulations on your pregnancy! This is an exciting time in your life, and you'll want to make sure to capture all of the memories. One great way to do this is with maternity photography.
The best time to have your maternity photos is between 31-33 weeks into your pregnancy. At this point you are definitely showing your baby bump and you will have some more time before the baby comes. It gets more uncomfortable to sit and move during the last trimester and after 36 weeks.
Salt Lake City is a beautiful city with a variety of locations that are perfect for maternity shoots. From the pine tree mountains to the lush green valleys, there's something for everyone. And with so many talented photographers in the area, you're sure to find the perfect person to capture your special day.
If you're thinking about having maternity photos taken, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose a photographer who you feel comfortable with. This is an important decision, so take your time and find someone who you connect with. Look on-line at photographer’s websites to find the style of photography you like.
- Choose where you want the photo session. You can be outdoors or in the studio. Outdoor areas have a lot of variety and are fun to show.
- Bring your partner and kids. If this is your last pregnancy you’ll definitely want to remember this special time. You can have your partner in the photos and show the love you have for each other. It can be fun to include the whole family too. It’s a time of change and anticipation for the whole family.
- Plan your shoot ahead of time. This will help to ensure that you get the most out of your session. I like to take photos of you walking, standing, sitting, and even laying down if that’s comfortable for you.
- Bring a variety of outfits. You'll want to have a few different options to choose from, so that you can find the perfect look for your photos. I suggest wearing a long flowing dress for the shoot, but you could also wear jeans and be more casual.
- Relax and enjoy yourself! This is a special time in your life, so make sure to savor every moment.
- Include pets. If you have a cat or dog you want in the photos we can do that. Pets are part of the family and you spend a lot of time with them. It’s easier to be at home with the pets for maternity shoots, but you could take the dog to a park for photos.
- Get creative with your poses. Don't be afraid to try something new. The more creative you are, the more unique your photos will be. Let me know what ideas you have for the session. I have a drone and like to take photos from overhead that will be fun.
Maternity photos are a great way to celebrate your pregnancy.
I hope these tips help you plan your maternity photo shoot. And remember, the most important thing is to be comfortable and enjoy yourself. This is a special time in your life, so make sure to capture all of the memories. Each moment only lives once.